10. There’s a booth at the expo renting snorkels and masks
9. There’s no wheelchair division but there is a kayak division.
8. You’ve spent the last 3 miles pacing off a kid dressed as a duck. When you catch him, you find out it’s a duck dressed as a kid.
7. The start music is the theme song from Titanic.
6. Race Director: Jacques Cousteau.
5. The guy next to you in the start corral brought a fishing pole.
4. The turn marker at mile 7? It’s a buoy.
3. Pro field includes Michael Phelps
2. You have to sign a waiver that acknowledges there is no lifeguard on duty.
1. The mile markers are labeled in nautical miles.